Monday, June 15, 2009

Summertime in the City

I love the summer in NYC. It’s the best time of year here. Period.

Every night, something exciting and new is going on somewhere with someone. Free concerts in the park, dining outside restaurants, movies on the pier, parties on rooftop decks… there is never a dull moment. With multiple groups of friends calling, each suggesting something fun to do... what’s a girl to do?

Summer suits me considering all of the leg transportation we, New Yorkers, do. It’s not so bad and I really don’t mind walking everywhere when the weather is nice, when it’s warm. I consider it my main form of exercise during the summer – a way to counterbalance all those desserts from the ice cream trucks parked at every corner.

If summer lasted all year round, I could stay here forever. And, due to the speedy process of global warming, that might be sooner rather than later. But, until then, I will have to accept myself as more of a snowbird in the winter and an NYC summer socialite in the summer.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will loved to there......