Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Birthday Surprises

Two of my best friends (and college roommates) surprised me at our NYC apartment on Friday night. The girls and Ben had been in cahoots for two weeks and flew to New York at last minute for a weekend of laughs, deflated air mattresses, Scientologist sightings, and late night marathons of “What Not to Wear” with brownies.

We enjoyed a Saturday morning brunch that I suggested and Katie cooked. Jenn trumped Ben with one-liners and a cackle that reverberated off brownstones and echoed down city streets. Each morning, Ben and I leapt over air mattresses that formed a train from our bed to the bathroom.

On Saturday, we celebrated my birthday at a joint party where old friends met new ones, and Ben captured every moment on film. Wine, love, and laughter filled our weekend.

Today at work the girls surprised me with a cake from Crumbs (a very hip and trendy bakery) and a chorus of “Happy Birthday”. I was touched and honored since my first day at the school was only three months ago.

The cards, love, and surprises seemed to never end.

Birthday wishes do come true.

3 comments:

Dame Wendy said...

How lovely! That's a wonderful birthday. :)

I'm Kate said...

Hi! New reader here.

Sounds like a fun way to spend your birthday!

Unknown said...

That weekend was such a blast!!! Lots of great memories!