Sunday, August 16, 2009

New Digs

Our. New. Place. Rules!

We are finally settled in and enjoying the perks moving up the housing ladder. Our new place is a MAJOR upgrade from the last apartment; even one of the movers said that last week as he carried in the first box. His comment made me so proud and I beamed brighter than the New York City skyline at nighttime (corny line, I know, but so true).

Perks of the new place include:

5th floor - The fifth floor puts us five floors up from the trash room, definitely an added bonus. We have good views of the street and sky, two things not seen from the windows in our last place. And, it seems, the higher we go the more entertainment we have. We can easily see into about 100 people's windows, and I already have seen two people naked! I put a telescope at the top of my wish list.

Lots of sunlight - This is the best part since we didn't get ANY sunlight in the last apartment. It no longer feels like a perpetual blizzard since our new view includes the sky and street. In fact, we don't turn the lights on until the sun goes down.

BIGGER space - My sanity stays intact longer in a bigger space. Enough said.

Location, location, location - Our building is next to the subway, crosstown bus, grocery store, and bank. Anything we need is literally within 2 blocks.

Cleanliness - The new place is way cleaner than the last apartment (i.e. NO COCKROACH sightings... yet). I know that every building in New York has cockroaches, but if I never see one then I can believe that our building is totally bug-free. And, that makes me very happy.

Rent - We also got, what we consider in New York City, a great deal for a true one bedroom.

I can’t believe our new apartment. We still have mini appliances and the building is older, but it's a great New York apartment. Life is definitely good.

No comments: