Monday, August 24, 2009

Central Park Extravaganza

In July, we went to a (free) New York Philharmonic concert in Central Park. Ben, his parents, and I picnicked in the park and settled in with hundreds of thousands of New Yorkers for a great concert. The concert ended dramatically when a thunderstorm cut the last song short and sent concert goers in all directions in search of shelter. Quite a finale!

Below are a few pictures from the event. I like the picture of me eating because of the bright colors. I included the picture of the lady with the red umbrella because I like the method she used to help lost group members find their spot in the crowd. Cell phones tend not to work during these events because of the high volume of calls being placed, so people get creative when marking their territory. In the last picture, Ben contemplates song selections and reads the bios for each of the guest conductors.



No comments: