Thursday, February 19, 2009

Pole Dancer

Tonight (T-minus 45 minutes), I leave the house to learn the art of “pole dancing”. Oh, yes, you read that correctly. But, please, read it again for an extra laugh.

A girlfriend and I are traveling to Chelsea (a section in Manhattan) to twist, slide, swing, and anything else humanly possible around a pole. I have no idea how this evening will go. I might fracture my face as I attempt the “descending angel” trick or, quite possibly, I might just find my future calling because I always knew I was destined for something greater.

I am ready, though. I am wearing the suggested "tight outfit" and my bag is packed with the required items: yoga mat, water bottle, six inch stilettos (those are actually recommended for the second class), and roll of singles.

I do know one thing for sure… I will laugh a lot and hopefully tone sagging muscles. Although, I seriously doubt that the latter will happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud!

Greg and Laurel said...

Remember our first pole dancing experience at the 'Vu? Freshman year of college. You made friends with the bouncer. I laughed my butt off...

Anonymous said...

Liza, is that you?!?

(Click on my name!)