Monday, February 23, 2009

Follow-up: Pole Dancer

I survived the pole dancing experience and, quite expectedly, laughed a lot. Between the slaps and kicks, there was a lot to laugh about. I made one conclusion - my skill level will not allow me to moonlight by night as an exotic dancer now, but I do see potential for the future.

We learned lots of tricks and moves and, most importantly, I did learn how to swing around a pole. I now have an entirely new perspective of how to creatively use the poles in subway cars. I'm not sure that I released my "inner goddess" on Thursday, but Ben may disagree.

The day after my class, I attempted to demonstrate for Ben the routine I learned. It went so well - he cheered, he clapped, he approved - until I scraped my wrist and got the biggest splinter ever from our hundred year old wooden floor. I had to stop the routine short. Sigh.

Some of us just need to stick with the old nine to five.

No comments: