Tuesday, October 14, 2008

On A Mission

A couple of weeks ago, Ben and I ate dinner several blocks from our apartment. As we ate, about 15 black SUVs with black tinted windows and men in black suits zoomed up Broadway. Who was important enough to deserve a fast moving caravan of black Chevy Tahoes?

We soon found out.

As we walked home, we noticed the same cars and bodyguards waiting in and around the entrance of Barnes and Nobles. My first thought? C-e-l-e-b-r-i-t-y. Ben’s first thought? Not sure. I had already snapped into celeb-stalking mode and was on an intense storewide search for anyone famous.

Minutes later, after a fruitless search, I cornered a store employee and pressed him for information about who was in the store. His response… “the president of Turkey and some other really important people.”

I was impressed, but not SUPER impressed. My camera was poised and ready to snap pictures of Brangelina or TomKat; pictures that would have earned me lots and lots of money.

Maybe next time. After all, it is New York. Anything can happen.

No comments: