Saturday, June 14, 2008

Perspectives: Part II

Leave it to an innocent kindergartener to put me in my place.

I worked with a new student and informally assessed his knowledge of core kindergarten concepts - one being “colors”. He named the color of his shirt, my shirt, his pants, my pants, his shoes, my shoes, his hair, and then… my hair.

His assessment? (Never mind the multi-tonal highlights my stylist strategically places throughout my head to create natural depth and contrast).

“Black with a little yellow. Yes, black with yellow.”

Ouch.

2 comments:

L Perkins said...

i will say this...no 5 year-olds put you in your place when you go dark!!! i must say, my short stint as a brunette so far has been nothing short of fantastic!

Anonymous said...

haha, my niece actually said that to me recently too. You gotta love little kids honesty. :]