Monday, June 16, 2008

Perspectives: Part III

Some kids are just extra cute. They’re cuddly and their parents wiggle them into colorful outfits with matching hair bows and socks. They're always polite, well mannered, and love to do their best. These kids bombard me when I enter the classroom. They sit on my lap and hug me, excited to show me the good work they’ve done.

I work with a lot of kids like those.

And, I work with a few kids who are all that and a little bit more.

As I helped one of my favorite little girls, she leaned against my arm and exclaimed, “Your arm cold.”

I replied, “You’re right. My arm is cold.” (Squeezing in that opportunity to stress the usage of a verb).

“It cold and shaky,” she said as she jiggled the fat of my underarm for the entire class to see.

Ah, yes, it cold and shaky.

1 comment:

L Perkins said...

I appreciate this entry more than you know...my little second graders NEVER FAILED to tell me if my bra strap was hanging out of my shirt while I was teaching...

gotta love the honesty.