Thursday, January 7, 2010

Work Out

We did it. Call us lazy. Call us wussy. Call us whatever you want. We quit the gym! Sorry, New York Sports Club, but we are no longer customers.

We came to this decision after realizing that we haven’t been to the gym since July! There are three reasons to support our absence on the treadmill and weight bench.

1) Our New Apartment
We quit working out as soon as we moved into our new apartment. Our old place was a pretty miserable, sunless, bug infested hole (okay, it wasn’t that bad, but you get the point). We wanted to leave as soon as we got home! Our new place is so nice that we are happy just hanging out.

2) No Change
We worked out hard-core before we went to Miami last April. Really hard-core, like 5 days a week. After two months of doing that, my body still looked the same. Same size. Same shape. Same ugh.

A personal trainer at the gym really sealed the deal when he said that I would only look like Jennifer Anniston if I changed my diet, and he wasn’t talking about easy changes. “You need to choose – do you want the bun with the burger or a few fries? Which one? ‘Cause you can’t have both!” Yikes.

3) A Master
I have no gumption or drive without someone yelling at me to sweat. I need that. I just couldn’t afford Tony the Trainer on a weekly basis.

So, yes, we quit the gym… for the right reasons. Hmm, maybe the real purpose of this post was to again justify why we quit rather than to entertain. That's probably it.

1 comment:

Shubs said...

I'm totally judging you.