Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Hide-and-Seek

I don’t know much about computers, so I ask Ben for help. I first TRY to figure it out on my own, but usually lose unsaved information or delete a program. I basically screw things up when left unsupervised. So, I ask Ben to help me.

But, I go CRAZY when Ben wants help and asks for the location of things in our apartment before even looking. Where is the paper? Where is my hair gel? Where are my sunglasses? And, just last night… where are the measuring cups?

WHERE DO YOU THINK?!?! (I yell in my head). Where do people usually keep measuring cups… in the KITCHEN! There are only TWO drawers in our entire 3x3 foot kitchen, so there is a pretty good chance that they are in there.

But, I don’t yell that. Instead, in a calm voice, I say, “Why, the measuring cups are in the back of the drawer that is next to the stove, babe.”

But, in my head, I continue with… And your sunglasses? In the nightstand drawer where they have been for two years. Your hair gel? On top of the dresser in the bedroom in full view AND where I placed it after I unpacked your toiletry bag from vacation that you left sitting on the bed.

We live in the same 2½ room apartment. There are only so many places for things to hide. Next time I suggest that Ben look (just a little) before asking or I take some St. John's Wort.

No comments: