Tuesday, July 7, 2009

What did you say?

It just so happened that a movie was being filmed as mom, Aunt Dorothy, Aunt Patty, Marilyn, Janessa, and I walked by Bryant Park last Sunday. We stood on one side of the street while they filmed on the other. Instinctively, my celebrity antennae zeroed in on someone in the crowd that looked young and hip enough to know who we should be watching. I turned to the girl beside me and said, "What movie is this?"

She said, in another language, "What?" That wasn't much help.

I then scanned the growing crowd for the closest member of the production crew and found a nice guy who told me that Harrison Ford and Rachel McAdams were across the street! I triumphantly returned to my group with the good news. I tapped the girl beside me on the shoulder and repeated (with gestures), "They are filming the movie Morning Glory."

"Maury Gloria?!" she replied with a quizzical look.

"Uh, yes," I said. "With Harrison Ford and Rachel McAdams."

Although, most of what I said didn't translate well, the name Harrison Ford did.

"HARRISON FORD!" she exclaimed throwing her hands in the air. I was amazed that his name translated so well. Who knew that Indiana Jones could stop a communication meltdown?

* I would have included a picture that I took, but Harrison is the size of a sharpened #2 pencil tip. Basically, unrecognizable. Time to purchase a telephoto lens!


No comments: