Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Shake Your Money Maker

I admit it.

I USED to be a shopaholic. But, I put those credit card wielding days behind me once I married Ben. He's a saver, not a spender. A good thing, until I see something I really want... a new pair of sandals, a new dress, a new shirt, new perfume. You know, necessities.

This weekend, as I shopped with one of my best friends, my old shopping ways returned with a vengeance. Old habits (especially those that provide instant gratification and make you look good) die a very, very hard death.

We stood just outside the cashier line and debated the most effective way to purchase pairs of jeans without our husbands knowing. This is an especially difficult feat for me considering Ben watches our finances like a hawk, perched high on a rolling chair behind a computer that he linked to our online credit card account from work.

So, we stood.

Conspired.

Finally, we decided on a plan of action. As a former money launderer with Phil's credit card during college, I knew what to do. And, so far, the option we chose seems to have worked.

The lengths, the risks we (girls) go to shop.

2 comments:

Lindsey P. said...

I think you may have just told on yourself.

Mommy E said...

We are so caught!