Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Return Home

Miami ruled! I am revitalized, tan, and relaxed. For three days, I relished the view of a beautiful blue ocean lined by white sand and neon green thong bikinis. Oh, yes. We saw more thong bikinis and topless sunbathers than I care to count. The views were, how can I say it, something else.

Food wise, we no doubt consumed 4000+ calories a day, which wasn’t too hard. We ate ice cream twice in one day and shared 5 bags of candy over the course of three days. I ate mini-sliders and bacon wrapped scallops, sending my cholesterol levels through the roof. Needless to say, my two months of gym membership never happened the second I stepped off the plane.

Our daily agenda involved waking up (late), putting on our swimsuits, eating a huge Denny’s sized breakfast on Ocean Drive for $4/person (unheard of in New York), tanning, dipping in the ocean to cool off, tanning some more, getting ice cream, tanning again, snacking, moving from the beach to the hotel pool, showering, and then changing into clean clothes to eat dinner and go out.

I get jealous of myself just thinking about it.

No comments: