Thursday, April 23, 2009

Buenvenidos a Miami

This weekend, we are going to M-I-A-M-I with a group of friends! I know, I know… we are SO LUCKY. But, a vacation this awesome comes at price… a price that we have been paying for over the last two months (and not just financially).

This entire week has been dedicated to becoming over-processed and preparing ourselves for the beach. No wonder celebrities look so good. This is a full time job.

At the end of February we joined the gym since Miami is THE plastic surgery capital of the world (according to “Nip/Tuck” and me). I know what you are thinking, but we want and we need to look sort-of-kind-of-almost in shape. Plus, it’s for our health… right?

Every night after our work out, we self-tan with Jergen’s Natural Glow. Oops! Did I say “we”? I meant me. Most beachgoers will be tan, and I don’t want to be the only one that reflects the sun’s rays with an albino-like body.

I got my haircut and highlighted since the south welcomes blondes. Thankfully, Ben did not follow suit with that item on the checklist. He did give himself a haircut, though, which is an entire blog post unto itself.

I bought new sandals and a dress to wear, and have had them packed in my suitcase since Sunday. Only two days until our plane lands in the land of beautiful people, beautiful beaches, and beautiful sunny days. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

so jealous! can't wait to hear about it!

Sarah said...

Have fun on your trip! I'm glad to hear that you are still self-tanning after your traumatic experience with my self-tanning habits at Miss KY. haha...