Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Housing Honeymoon

Being a homeowner has been pretty easy so far. I know, I know. That statement will one day bite me in the @$$, but until then we're going to enjoy how smoothly everything has gone.

The past three weeks of living in our new house have readied us for the next fifty years of homeownership. You wouldn't believe all the things we've done!

We poured Draino down two sinks and plunged one toilet. We hosted eight houseguests for a weekend. I made breakfast on a real, adult sized stove and put groceries in a real, adult sized refrigerator.  I did laundry in our very own washer and dryer. Ben screwed a cabinet back together and fixed the lawn's sprinkler system.

Who knew homeownership could be so grand and perfect?!?!

I realize that something could happen in the next few months. Something could go wrong and the honeymoon would end... right? Maybe. Maybe not. But, just in case, we'll revel in this newfound excitement for as long as possible.

No comments: