Sunday, April 15, 2012

Italy: Entering Heaven

After Pompeii, our tour guides announced the final stop and our home for the next several days... the place in my dreams, my Heaven... the Almalfi Coast, an incredible stretch of coastline dotted with cities and towns. I sat on the edge of my seat with my face pressed to the window. I couldn't wait. Mama was home.

The bus careened around corners as we drove higher and higher on a narrow road bordered on one side by a mountain and on the other side by a cliff. A little nerve-wracking, but I had complete faith in our driver - a man I had never met and had no knowledge of his driving record. He seemed like he knew what he was doing. At least I convinced myself of that. If things turned ugly, I figured the tour guides had a bottle of Italy's famous limoncello liqueur on board to calm us.

Entering the city of Sorrento in the Almalfi Coast (from the bus window)

Notice the traffic and immediate dropoff from the cliff (from the bus window)

Looking out and down (from the bus window)

1 comment:

Terence said...

Awesome pictures.