Monday, April 4, 2011

Different Monday


About two weeks ago, I schlepped to work in the pouring rain.  I walked to the subway in the rain.  I walked from the subway to the bus stop in the rain.  And, then, I waited in the rain as three packed buses flew by me.  Everything seemed a little worse when my umbrella flipped TWICE because of the strong wind.

I made it to school in one piece and as I hung my coat in the closet I felt my phone buzz in the pocket.  I pulled out my phone to see a text from Ben, who was on his way to Washington D.C. for work.  I opened his text to find this message:

“Love you so much babe!  JUST made my train!!!! Speeding down the coast right now drinking a latte.  Love you!”

Yeah, I know.  The multiple “I love you” lines with exclamation points are sweet, but the “speeding down the coast” in a warm, dry train with leather seats and free Wi-Fi while “drinking a latter” almost sent me over edge.  Did he have to be that happy on a dreary Monday morning?  I almost drowned on the sidewalk and squished into the stairwell of bus to get to work on time! 

No biggie, though.  I took it all in stride… kind of.

No comments: