Monday, May 17, 2010

More Room

Ben and I stayed in a hotel the first night we got to Texas.  Our plane landed really late, and we didn't want to show up at my great aunt's house in the wee hours of the morning.  So, we schlepped over to the Red Roof Inn around 1:30 in the morning.

Our love for Texas grew tremendously when we opened the door to our hotel room and saw TWO full size beds.  In NYC, we share one full size bed.  A pretty tight squeeze at times.

Imagine our joy!  We immediately sensed a good night's sleep was upon us.  Our excitement continued to grow.

I threw my bag down and leapt into one bed while Ben dove onto the other.  We giggled and kicked the covers into the air.  Our own beds!  It was a dream come true.

There was so much room, so many beds.  Ah, we loved it.

Don't get me wrong.  I love to sleep in the same bed with my husband and vice versa.  But, when the opportunity to sleep uninhibited comes around - stretch out, sleep diagonal, lay like a starfish, and roll up in the covers like a burrito - we're gonna take it.

1 comment:

Greg said...

Wow, this is straight out of a recent episode of How I Met Your Mother. It probably won't be online long:

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/how_i_met_your_mother/video/?pid=I19_778B2jivxEe8dhOus80Ambo7Kp_8&vs=Default&play=true