Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Boom Boom


Sometimes, I experience very “New York” moments.  They’re just crazy, weird, or totally random moments.  Things that would and could only happen here.  

A girlfriend and I went to the Boom Boom Room, a bar in The Standard Hotel on the 18th floor in the Meatpacking District.  I know, I know.  What a name.

The coolest thing about the place was that the walls were floor-to-ceiling windows, so the view of Manhattan was incredible.  Even the bathroom walls were glass!  Thankfully, the bathroom was high enough up that no one got an unwanted eyeful of… well, you know.  But, I couldn’t help wonder about the few weirdoes out there with binoculars and easy access to You Tube.  Oh well, too late now.

I snapped a picture of the view from the bathroom with my iPhone.  Only in New York City could you sip a $20 (yes, you read that correctly) martini and enjoy that view.  Very New York.


* Someone informed me, after our visit to the Boom Boom Room, that supposedly women from Russia like to frequent the Boom Boom Room because they find “rich” husbands there.  I can only imagine how many times we were mistaken for being on the prowl. Grrr.

1 comment:

Shubs said...

How fabulous. I want to go there. With you.