Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Bleed Blue

I rode the subway home from work last week, dazed and tired from a long day. I looked up from my iPod just in time to catch a glimpse of Kentucky blue amid the sea of black. I stretched my neck to confirm that someone was indeed wearing a UK Wildcats hat. As I exited the car, I stopped in front of him and yelled, “I love your hat!”

The guy shouted back, “Oh, yeah? But, do you like John Wall?”

Uh, duh.

“I love him!”

I further proved my loyalty to the best team in the SEC. I dropped my bags and did the John Wall dance in the middle of the subway station. Yes, I did that.

The man and one other random straphanger cheered. They continued to cheer as the doors closed and the subway shot down the tunnel. I then finished my dance and continued on my way.

Kentuckians bleed blue no matter where they are.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I was at target field on saturday, and chased down a kid in a UK hat. If I wasn't wearing my sweatshirt I am sure he would have called security. So much for Minnesota nice.