Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Showtime

A big white tent blocked the sidewalk and forced me to take a mini-detour on my way to Barnes and Noble tonight at 66th and Broadway in the Upper West Side. Naturally, the big white tent interested me very much. So, I peeked inside and asked a bouncer what was going down on this seemingly mundane Wednesday night…

A movie premiere! Cameron Diaz and other celebrities were on their way for the premiere of their new movie “The Box”. I swear, only in New York, on any given day, could I leave work and pass a movie premiere on my way to the bookstore. Ridiculous!

Now, I know what many of you are thinking – did I stick around to catch a glimpse of Cameron Diaz? No, no, no… I have a life, people! I can’t chase every celebrity that I come into contact with around this town.

Plus, I already saw her once about two years ago at a karaoke bar in the East Village. And, the last thing I need is for her to yell “stalker” as she walks down the red carpet. So, I thought it best to keep a low profile and instead blab about it on my blog J

No comments: