Saturday, April 12, 2008

Urban Breeze

On Thursday evening, Ben and I celebrated the warm weather with dessert... fruit smoothies. Ben geared up for a mission and grabbed his apron, blender, and cleaver. He moved around the kitchen with a certain, um, finesse, and threw random fruits from the fridge in the blender.

Meanwhile, I relaxed on the couch with my feet propped up on the stepstool and daydreamed of myself with a great tan as Ben sweated above the blender and furiously googled smoothie ingredient ratios, determined to make his first two smoothies a success.

Upon completion of his edible masterpiece, Ben served two strawberry and banana smoothies in frosted pint glasses. We sipped and savored our drinks as the fresh (my standards have changed) city air cleansed our apartment. With our hands wrapped around two neon orange koozies, we decided that summer can’t come soon enough.

4 comments:

L Perkins said...

ben is getting so domesticated...

Anonymous said...

I am psyched about your jobs! I thought Fish was mistaken when she said you had snagged 3, but I was terribly mistaken. Let me know how it's going.
--your old "boss"

Anonymous said...

Summer In The City. How quaint.
:-)

Anonymous said...

Good post.