Saturday, September 7, 2013

New Owners

Ben truly, madly, deeply loves "the girls." He can't get enough of them and talks about them all of the time. Think literally, not dirty... I'm talking about Patches and Zipper, of course!

I love cats. I really love cats, but Ben takes it to a whole new level. He'd sacrifice me to save himself in a haunted house (true story). He'd run and leave me when attacked by crickets (true story again), but that is not true when it comes to our girls. He would die, lay in the road, walk to the ends of the earth, and starve for them.

I hear him call for Patches and Zipper.

"Where are my little lions?"
"Princesses, where are you?"
"Daddy has treats for his big girls!"

Oh, yeah. He's head over paws for the girls. I can't imagine how he'll act when we have human babies one day.

I tease Ben that, originally, he kinda wanted one cat and barely consented to two. His response?

"Babe, don't say such things. The girls might hear you." Earmuffs, ladies!

So, needless, to say... Ben no longer runs this house. I no longer run this house (not by choice). The girls now run this house.


No comments: