Thursday, June 6, 2013

New Family Members

Our family doubled! We grew from two to four... with kittens, not humans.

Ben and I love cats. We wanted a cat for the past five years in New York, but our apartments were too small. If we didn't have room for a microwave, then we didn't have room for a litter box.

Ben originally agreed to get one cat when we bought a house, but I convinced him that we really needed two cats. I worked every angle and used every cat lover out there to support my two cat vs. one cat proposition. Thankfully, I won!

First, Patches arrived....



and, a few days later, Zipper...


I laugh because I have dreamed about cat names for the last five years. Names that went together. Names that were cute and unique. I asked people about their pet names... Cookies, Moonshine, Pickles, Buttons, Rocket... trying to get ideas. I immediately thought "Patches" when I saw her. Zipper came pre-named, so we kept it. I never imagined those two names together, but it works. Funny how that happens.

No comments: