Friday, February 15, 2013

Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus

Tonight, Ben and I went to the movie "Safe Haven." A classic Nicholas Sparks movie that left half of the audience sniffling and sighing at the end.  The story touched me and, I thought, Ben as well.

We walked to the car after the movie, and I talked nonstop about it. I talked about how romantic it was.  I agreed with the casting of actors and actresses. I questioned how the main character packed so many outfits into one plastic Wal-Mart bag during her getaway. I obsessed over Julianne Hough's haircut.

I thought Ben was with me. I thought we were on the same page and he was really into the conversation, really into the movie until...

Ben stopped me mid-sentence.

"Whew, I think tonight's dinner had a lot of onions in it. Don't you?"

Oh, yeah. Right there with me. Totally in sync.

I probably lost him before the credits rolled and didn't even know it.

No comments: