Friday, January 18, 2013

Winter Temps

Winter and cold weather have arrived. Both remind me why I loved apartments in NYC so much... they were so, so warm.

So warm, in fact, that we often cracked a few windows in the winter. We opened the windows all of the way when guests visited. I think Nelly, the rapper, was talking about apartments in Manhattan when when he sang "Hot in Here".

I thanked Con Edison daily for operating America's largest steam system and keeping us toasty until April. I once feared that New York apartments would be like my first college apartment - freezing and insanely expensive to heat. But, thankfully, that was never the case. Quite the opposite.

Oftentimes, Ben and I relaxed in the Caribbean temperatures of our place while sipping strawberry daiquiris. We lathered ourselves in tanning oil and donned sunglasses to enjoy the snowy view right outside our window.



No comments: