Monday, October 3, 2011

France: Hanging In There

I loved the Louvre Museum even though it took its toll on me. Don't get me wrong... I appreciated the paintings by world renowned artists, and I appreciated the thousand year old sculptures that lined the (really) long hallways. But, walking miles on marble floors and reading tiny placards exhausted me. What can I say? I was on vacation.

By the time Ben took this picture, I had consumed two packs of peanut M&Ms, leftover cookies, and one water. In the picture below, I was on the verge of sliding down the wall for a "wee" nap. I don't think Venus de Milo would have minded.  

I continuously searched the area for the nearest snack bar as we moseyed around, only to find that it was in another wing of the former palace.  Fortunately, for me, Amanda felt the same way and we left Brian and Ben to graze in greener pastures (literally, we ate at the restaurant located near the entrance while the boys checked out a few more exhibits).

No comments: