Tuesday, October 26, 2010

You Again

Bret Michaels is back in NYC.  And, I am very happy about it.  My long lost friend has finally returned.

We last saw each other three years ago when I was unemployed with a lot of time on my hands.  We spent hours together each week and really connected on many levels.  At the time, I counted his show, "Rock of Love", as one of the few quality television programs in the afternoon lineup.

I understood why he liked crazy women and slept in his bandana. I had no qualms with his pink lips, tattooed eyeliner, and Ed Hardy getup.  I got it.  It worked for him.

Yesterday, after years of no Bret, I got an unexpected surprise as I walked past the bus stop on 96th street.  A larger-than-life (and incredibly photoshopped) picture of Bret graced the side of the crosstown bus! I contemplated a brief hug, but settled on this post instead.

Apparently, Bret is in a happy place now and doing well.  As am I.  I like to think that we met at a time in our lives when we both needed each other most.  Together, we embarked on a new, exciting, yet nerve-wracking adventure. We needed each other then, but not now. We both made it.

Life definitely rocks.


* I attribute the over-the-top cheesiness of this post's ending to the overwhelming influence that Bret often exerts on me when left alone for too long in his presence.

1 comment:

Erica said...

I laughed when I read this! You are too funny! Hope all is well:)