Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Supernatural


Something fishy is going on with our Netflix account.  It’s been happening for a while now.  I hope that this post will fix the “situation”.

My movies never change positions in the queue. 

I frequently check our movie queue. I see my movies at the top of the list. I anticipate their arrival. 

But, they NEVER come.  Instead, we get movies I’ve never heard of, movies that were in the middle and at the bottom of the queue. I then get confused and recheck the list.

Hmmm, my movies are still in the same spots. They’ve held the top three spots for months now. Yet, they never move. They never come. It’s inexplicable! 

Amazingly, though, Ben’s movies ALWAYS weasel their way to the top of the list and make it in our mailbox.  His movies always mysteriously move to top at just the right moment, like on the day they’re sent. I don’t understand how their positions switch at the very last second. 

It’s so weird.

There must be a phenomenon that I don’t know about that prevents movies that I choose for us to watch to actually be watched.  Maybe that same thing happens elsewhere.  I’m not sure what the formal name for such a phenomenon is though. I will continue to research until I find an answer.

2 comments:

jmanner said...

that's so strange! the SAME EXACT thing happens on our netflix cue. i had come to the conclusion that the action/war/snoozefest documentaries just shipped faster but now i'm thinking there might be mischief afoot. hmm...
p.s. i love your blog and i hope you're doing well!!

StephanieC said...

I think this must be the elusive "Ben Effect" whereby the only solution is to change the password to the account and no longer allow Ben any say in movie selection.

It's tough love, but hey, 'love' is still in there!

We once had an account and the "Stephanie Effect" was markedly similar.... mwuah hah hah...