Thursday, July 22, 2010

Another Celebrity Sighting

I went to lunch with a group of girls several Wednesdays ago in NYC. We stopped by the Gap after lunch to peruse the sale racks.  As we chatted, Jen suddenly said, “Ooh, ooh!  I see a CELEBRITY!”

I instinctively reeled around and slipped into stalker mode.  A celebrity?  In my midst?  At the Gap? Jen described her in detail and I zoomed off to find her. 

Unfortunately (for me), I lost her in the dressing rooms.  I debated about checking under the stall doors, but thought that might be considered a felony. I don't need a rap sheet.  So, I halfheartedly retreated back to the group disappointed that I missed the celebrity.

But, don't think that I gave up quite yet. 

We hung out for a few extra minutes by the cash register and waited. We waited just long enough to catch a glimpse of her coming out of the dressing rooms.  We finally got to see her, and although I didn’t recognize her (What has happened to me?) I was happy to add another sighting to my list.

We saw Merritt Wever. She plays a character on the HBO show “Nurse Jackie.”  And, apparently, she appreciates a good sale at the Gap like the rest of us.


No comments: