Friday, December 18, 2009

A Good Day

Last night, everything went right and it put me in the best mood.

First, the subway smelled like one gigantic Christmas tree. The fact that the subway actually smelled GOOD is pretty much a miracle. I’m not even going to start talking about what the subway usually smells like.

Second, I found a store in Harlem on 116th street that sells stuff at decent, affordable, and discounted prices. It was there that I picked up a sleigh load of gifts for our school’s toy and clothing drive that is going on until next Tuesday. Feel free to wire me some money for more presents.

Then, I went to the grocery store. There were NO lines, and the cashier at the register smiled at me AND said “happy holidays” in a genuinely pleasant voice. By this point, I pretty much believed that I had entered a New York in some alternate, parallel universe.

Lastly, I walked into our apartment and immediately saw that Carlos (the superintendent of our building) had replaced two broken window blinds. We can finally close the blinds! Now the people that live in the 20 story building across the street won't be traumatized when they look out their window to check the weather and instead see us lying around like beached whales and gorging ourselves on Subway’s $5 foot long sandwiches.

Cheers to a good day!

1 comment:

Shubs said...

This post made me smile :) Can't wait to see you on the 27th!!