Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Public Transportation III

A couple of months ago, I got “served” by an eighty-year-old grandma on the bus. I can only now write about the incident because it has taken me that long to get over it.

Supposedly, I bumped an older lady TWICE as I settled into my seat on the cross-town bus crowded with morning commuters. I can’t quite say whether it was me that made it hard for her to apply makeup on the bus or maybe, just maybe, it was the bus driver who swerved through traffic at 40 miles per hour and hit crater sized potholes every few feet.

I CAN say that she felt justified enough to loudly berate me in front of a busload of people just waiting for the little blonde with the bouncy ponytail and pink shoes to go down.

I managed to keep my cool, thanks to breathing exercises and happy thoughts.

Only in New York would a grandma cuss me out at 7:30am in morning.

No comments: