Sunday, September 30, 2007

Itty Bitty Gets A Blog!

As stated somewhere on this blog, I just moved to New York City to join my newly acquired husband who has been residing in or around the city for the past two years. The move has been interesting and difficult at the same time, testing my strength when faced with new challenges, my ability to adapt to change, and my willpower at dealing with a completely different breed of people.

Not only has the move to NYC from a tiny American town been quite a change for this southern belle, but so has the new adventure called "marriage." We have been married now for approximately 56 days and counting. Marriage has been extremely fun, exciting, and definitely a change to my normal routine. Now I make toast for two, do laundry for two, make plans for two, and think "we" instead of "me." It's been a change. A very, very nice change.

I'm not sure exactly what this blog will be about except for the small stories that define my beginning in Manhattan, how long it will last, or if it will ever say anything even remotely interesting, but I do like the name of my blog (after a handful of tries at other names that were 1) already taken because apparently I'm not that creative and 2) the other name ideas didn't make sense). Hopefully, this blog will act as a diary to channel my happiness, frustrations, and excitement as a newlywed to both marriage and the big city. I suppose you could say that I am documenting my start in a new place with new partner and savoring the end of my old life with sweet memories.

No comments: