Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Money Talks (or Forever in Blue Jeans)

Our new house excites me, especially the decorating part. I've popped into Home Goods and TJ Maxx and Marshall's quite a bit over the last three months... maybe a little too much.

Alright, alright. I shopped "way too much" because, yesterday, Ben put me on financial lockdown.

Fine. Okay. I deserved it.

He needed to do it. It was the right thing. An addiction was forming.

Unfortunately, Ben then spent all afternoon and evening talking about the importance of saving money. He said not to buy every cute lamp, decorative pillow, area rug, hand towel, or picture frame on sale. Ben talked about it a lot. A lot.

He even challenged me to not go into any home stores for a week, which I (begrudgingly) accepted.

We finally switched topics after six straight hours of budget talk, which left me weak and hungry. As we walked toward the front door, Ben said, "You know, we really need a nice bench to sit where I could tie my shoes. Yeah, a solid wooden bench and maybe a coat rack. That'd look good. Oh, and maybe something on that wall so it doesn't look so bare."

I swung my head around and looked at him.

Did I then take the opportunity to remind him of the torturous, daylong, never-ending discussion I suffered through?

You bet.

No comments: