Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Differences


Ben and I went to Texas this past weekend to visit friends and family.  On Thursday night, I carefully packed my duffel bag so that my morning would be as stress free as possible.  Smart, I thought.

Except, Ben didn’t think the morning through like me.

I woke up before my alarm to ensure that I had extra time for any last minute adjustments to my bag.  I roused Ben pretty early because I had noticed that his half-empty bag was still sitting in the middle of the room.  He shrugged me off.

While Ben slept late, I prepped the apartment for our vacation.  I bagged the trash and put the dishes away.  I heard Ben’s alarm go off as I shoved loose food into the fridge.  About two seconds later, I heard the panicked patter of feet running across the hardwood floor.

From there I was basically…

Kicked out of the bathroom for 15 minutes.  Run over at least twice in his frenzy to pack clothes.  And, then forced to pack some of his stuff in my bag.

While frantically throwing things and running around, Ben managed to yell every few minutes, “Where’s a plastic bag for my toiletries?  Where are clean socks?  Do I need a razor to shave?  Heeeeeeeeelp me!” 

Because, that was exactly how I planned to spend my extra few minutes.   

But, I kept my mouth shut.  Didn’t say anything, even though I wanted to.  Wanted to say something like… “Shouldn’t you have taken care of this last night?” 

But, I didn’t. 

Instead, I was very, oh-so helpful.  I was such a good wife, such a good wife.  I let Ben run out of the door that morning… and then wrote this blog post for my revenge!

1 comment:

Shubs said...

how would they live without us?