Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Home Again

I apologize for the lack of posts this past week. I’ve become incredibly l-a-z-y since Christmas vacation began. Couple vacation with being at home, and getting anything done has become nearly impossible.

I adopted a new mantra this week… do nothing and enjoy everything. I like it, and I am going to wholly endorse it while at home. Work? Never heard of it. Responsibilities? Eh. Doing nothing but hanging out with friends and family? Now that sounds more like it.

Since stepping foot in Kentucky, at least two wrinkles have disappeared and one year has been added back to my life. The pace of life is much calmer and the people are more patient. The only time my New York tendencies reemerge is when running for a spot in the shortest checkout line at Super Wal-Mart.

I sleep great at home too. I know part of it is being back in my old room, in my old bed. But, mostly, it’s about the silence. It’s so quiet here. No garbage trucks, no people yelling, no motorcycles, no construction, no noises in the hallway, no apartment doors slamming. Ah, I feel the zzzzzz’s coming on just thinking about it.

It feels good to be back. I am rested, rejuvenated, and stress-free. Thankfully, I can enjoy this for a few more days.

No comments: